1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life.
He is beyond a gentleman,
He bleeds intelligence.
His voice stings my heart with love.
His soft smile makes me melt.
He is a walking piece of melodic genius.
He gets my intuition.
His eyes gleam with desire and passion.
His love for life makes me feel alive.
He is unique, and he is all mine.
If you ever wake up missing him, remember every time you woke up without him in bed, wondering where he was and when he would come home. If you get pains in your chest when you pass his house in the car, count to ten and breathe slowly. Now speed up, blast your music, and scream obscenities at the top of your lungs. If your morning coffee tastes of his tongue, try tea. If your song comes on the radio, I strongly suggest you change the station. Actually, change your sheets, your hair. When you dial his number and hang up five times in a row, call your mom instead.
If you ever wake up missing him, remember that the past is no place to live. Memory lane is an ugly place to visit, lined with dilapidated houses that have been vacant for years and potholes in the middle of the street. Stay away.